20-Minute Steakhouse Steak Recipe With Creamy Herb Mushroom Gravy by 30Seconds Food
Use your favorite steak. Ribeye, T-bone, New York stirp, sirloin or even chuck cubed steaks can be used in this easy skillet steak recipe. The mushroom gravy is simply butter, mushrooms, flour, broth and fresh herbs. Don't have fresh herbs? Use dried herbs, no problem.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 steaks, at room temperature (ribeye, New York strip, sirloin and T-bone work well)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup beef broth or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, oregano, parsley, chives, etc.)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Cook in the hot oil until browned on both sides and cooked to your desired doneness, about 8 to 12 minutes. Remove to a plate and allow them to rest.
- Melt the butter in the skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook 1 minute.
- Pour in the broth and cook, stirring, until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the fresh herbs. Serve the mushroom gravy over the steaks.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.