Chewy Vegan Breadsticks Recipe: A Creative Breadstick Recipe Everyone Will Enjoy by 30Seconds Food
These vegan breadsticks are delicious plain, but you have the option of spreading them with a layer of vegan pesto or cashew cream before baking. Yum! If you prefer, dip the breadsticks in the pesto or cashew cream for a satisfying snack. Try them with this vegan avocado pesto pasta recipe.
Prep Time: 1 1/2 hours
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons vegan Parmesan cheese
- vegan pesto or cashew cream (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the yeast and water in a bowl. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and salt. Stir.
- Slowly start adding the flour until a dough forms.
- Put the dough onto a floured work surface. Knead the dough for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Put the dough into a bowl that's been rubbed with olive oil. Cover and let it sit for 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Cut the dough in half. Roll one half of the dough out on a floured surface into a 1/4-inch thick rectangle. Place the rectangle onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- The dough can now be spread with about 3 tablespoons of vegan pesto or cashew cream, if desired. Sprinkle with the vegan Parmesan cheese. Repeat with the other half of the dough or freeze to use later.
- Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven for about 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into breadsticks.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Rolling Pins $6 & Up
Baking Pans $9 & Up
Active Dry Yeast $4 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Sea Salt $2 & Up
All-Purpose Flour $3 & Up
Whole Wheat Flour $4 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Vegan Parmesan Cheese $7 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.