Colombian Ajiaco Recipe: Enjoy This Easy Potato & Chicken Soup Recipe Without Traveling to South America by 30Seconds Food
Ajiaco is potato and chicken soup that's popular in Colombia, Cuba and Peru. The chicken and potato soup recipe is especially popular in Bogotá, the Colombian capital. The optional toppings vary by region, so just pick and choose on your own tastes. This hearty Ajiaco recipe soup is easy to make at home.
Prep Time: 10 mintes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons guascas (can substitute dried oregano)
- 2 pounds potatoes (red, Yukon Gold, russet, fingerlings, etc.), cut into chunks (using a combination is traditional)
- 2 corn on the cob, cut into pieces
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot. Add the chicken, onions and garlic. Brown the chicken on both sides.
- Add the broth, cilantro, green onion and guascas. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate to cool.
- Add the potatoes and corn. Cook until potatoes are almost tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Shred the chicken and put it back into the pot. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Cook about 5 more minutes to heat chicken.
- Ladle the soup into soup bowls. Serve with the toppings.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Guascas $8 & Up
Soup Bowls $8 & Up
Capers $3 & Up
Rice $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.