This One-Pan Chicken Sausage With Grains & Vegetables Recipe Is Fast, Healthy & Delicious by Jan Mostrom
This is one of my go-to recipes I found in a book by Haylie Pomroy (Chicken Sausage With Brown Rice Fusilli) on fast metabolism. Using chicken Italian sausage and lots of vegetables takes the flavor to the next level. It only takes a few minutes because the chicken sausage is precooked. Just sauté and put it over your favorite grain – quinoa, rice or my favorite, chickpea pasta.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups grain of choice (quinoa, rice, pasta, etc.)
- 16 ounces chicken sausage, cut into pieces (I love Trader Joe's smoked apple chardonnay flavor)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 - 4 cups cubed zucchini, skin on (I cut larger bite-size pieces)
- 1 - 2 cups broccoli florets (I always add at least 2 cups)
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the grain according to package directions.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to a hot nonstick pan. Add the onion, sausage and garlic. Cook until onion is soft.
- Add the zucchini and broccoli and cook until crisp-tender. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over the grain.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Fast Metabolism Diet , Body Reset Diet, Smoothies and Fast Metabolism Diet (4 Books Collection Set) $55
Nonstick Pans $10 & Up
Quinoa $3 & Up
Rice $2 & Up
Pasta $1 & Up
Chickpea Pasta $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.