Easy Turmeric Rice Recipe With Chickpeas & Spinach Is Quick & Healthy by 30Seconds Food
Forget about all the health benefits of turmeric. This easy turmeric rice recipe with chickpeas and spinach is just plain delicious. And it's vegan.
Ready in about 20 minutes, this turmeric rice recipe is the perfect side dish with chicken, beef, pork, lamb and seafood. Make it a complete meal by stirring in some cooked, shredded chicken or pork.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 1/4 cups cooked basmati rice
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, packed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the turmeric, cumin, garam masala and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add the rice and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 7 to 8 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the chickpeas and spinach. Cook until the spinach wilts, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon juice and cilantro. Stir and serve.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $9 & Up
Ground Turmeric $3 & Up
Basmati Rice $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Garam Masala $4 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Chickpeas $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.