Easy Turmeric Rice Recipe With Chickpeas & Spinach Is Quick & Healthy by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 1/4 cups cooked basmati rice
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, packed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the turmeric, cumin, garam masala and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add the rice and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 7 to 8 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the chickpeas and spinach. Cook until the spinach wilts, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon juice and cilantro. Stir and serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $9 & Up
Ground Turmeric $3 & Up
Basmati Rice $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Garam Masala $4 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Chickpeas $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.