20-Minute Super Crunchy Southern Fried Chicken Breast Recipe for the Win by 30Seconds Food
Chicken fried chicken is a southern staple. This easy herb chicken fried chicken recipe has the addition of thyme, rosemary and chives. A classic elevated.
This chicken dinner is made with boneless chicken breasts, dry breadcrumbs, thyme, rosemary, chives, flour, seasoned salt, an egg and olive oil. First, create a dredging station by putting the breadcrumbs and herbs onto a plate, the beaten egg into a bowl and the flour and seasoned salt into another bowl. Heat the olive oil in a skillet and then dredge the chicken in the flour, then egg then breadcrumbs. Fry the chicken until crispy, golden brown and cooked through.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2- to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh or dried chives
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Here’s how to make it:
- Put the breadcrumbs and herbs on a plate. Toss to combine. Put the egg in a bowl and beat well. Put the flour and seasoned salt in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Dip the chicken into the flour, then into the egg, then into the herb breadcrumbs, pressing so they adhere.
- Cook the chicken in the olive oil until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.