Indian Curry Recipes: This Easy Shrimp Curry Masala Recipe Is Your Excuse to Visit the Spice Shop by 30Seconds Food
This flavorful Indian shrimp curry masala recipe is the perfect excuse to use that spice rack or add to your spice collection. Serve over basmati or jasmine rice. Delicious!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoons garlic paste or 5 cloves garlic, smashed into a paste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons chaat masala
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- cooked basmati rice or jasmine rice, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add the tomatoes. Cook, stirring, until they cook down and get thick, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic paste, ginger, jalapeno, coriander, turmeric, crushed red pepper flakes and cumin. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Pour in the water and bring to a simmer. Cook until the water is almost evaporated.
- Add the shrimp about cook about 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, garam masala, chaat masala and lemon juice. Stir and cook about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over rice.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Garlic Paste $4 & Up
Chaat Masala $6 & Up
Garam Masala $4 & Up
Fenugreek Leaves $4 & Up
Coriander Powder $4 & Up
Turmeric Powder $4 & Up
Cumin $3 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Basmati Rice $3 & Up
Jasmine Rice $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.