Juicy Jammin' Jerk Chicken Recipe Is Baked & Has Maximum Flavor by 30Seconds Food
Jerk is a cooking style native to Jamaica where meat, usually chicken, is marinated in a dry or wet jerk spice mixture. The mixture of spices in the marinade create an intensely flavored chicken that's moist and hard to stop eating.
Prep Time: 1 to 3 hours to marinate
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 2 hours approximately
- 3 pounds bone-in chicken pieces
- 1 bunch green onions, ends removed and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- juice of 3 limes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
Here's how to make it:
- Put all the marinade ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Put the chicken pieces into a plastic zipper bag. Add the marinade. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
- When ready to cook, put the chicken into a baking pan. Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 45 minutes to 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Pans $9 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Allspice $3 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $3 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
Sea Salt $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.