This Hot Mexican Chicken Salad Tostadas Recipe Is Ready in Less Than 20 Minutes by Donna John
This recipe was shared with me in the '90s by my friend and 30Seconds contributor Debra Taylor. The reason it's considered "chicken salad" is because of the addition of mayonnaise. This easy hot Mexican chicken salad recipe is a quick and filling dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 - 4 cups cooked shredded chicken (I used boneless chicken breast and boneless chicken thighs)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 package taco seasoning (I used Old El Paso Taco Seasoning)
- crispy tostada caseras or crispy tostada shells
- optional toppings: sour cream, guacamole, avocado slices, fresh cilantro, salsa
Here's how to make it:
Combine the chicken, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, beans, red bell pepper, onion, sour cream, mayonnaise, green chiles and taco seasoning. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Put the tostada shells onto a baking sheet. Top with a heaping amount of the chicken salad.
Top with some of the remaining cheddar cheese.
Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven for about 5 minutes or until chicken salad is hot and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining shells and filling.
Top with desired toppings.
Note: The original recipe says to broil the tostadas for 2 minutes. For me, the filling doesn't get hot enough before the shells start to get too dark, so now I cook them at 450 degrees for about 5 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Tostada Caseras $3 & Up
Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Old El Paso Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Mayonnaise $2 & Up
Kidney Beans $1 & Up
Chopped Green Chiles $2 & Up
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.