30-Minute Baked Chicken Lombardy Recipe Is Just Plain Yum by 30Seconds Food
Chicken Lombardy is kind of like chicken marsala, just baked and with mozzarella cheese. Yum! This easy chicken Lombardy recipe is ready in about 30 minutes and almost guaranteed to be a recipe you'll want to make over and over again.
To make the impressive Lombardy chicken recipe, boneless chicken breasts is seasoned with salt and pepper, dredged in a little flour and then seared in a skillet until golden brown. The chicken is removed to a plate while you make the sauce with butter, mushrooms, marsala wine and chicken broth. Put the chicken back into the skillet, top with grated mozzarella cheese and parsley, and bake until chicken is cooked through.
Be sure to use an ovenproof skillet for this recipe. If you don't have one, you'll need to put the chicken into a baking pan for the last step. Serve this satisfying chicken recipe with pasta, rice or potatoes. A fresh vegetable or salad would be nice, too.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup marsala
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and the garlic powder. Dredge it in the flour.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof skillet. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet to a plate.
- Melt the butter in the skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the marsala and chicken broth. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Put the chicken back into the skillet and cook about 3 to 4 minutes. Top the chicken with the cheese and minced parsley.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 5 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ovenproof Skillets $10 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
that quickly. Last evening it took me over 35 minutes to cook chicken in the oven