Jailhouse Rice Recipe: This Easy, Budget-friendly Rice & Ground Beef Casserole Recipe Rocks by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage (bulk or remove it from the casings)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups white rice (uncooked)
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the ground beef and sausage in a skillet, breaking it up as it cooks, until cooked through and browned. Remove to a plate.
- To the same skillet, add the onions and celery. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Put the meat back into the pan.
- Add the chicken broth, both soups, garlic powder and rice. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour into a 13x9-inch baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 35 to 40 minutes. Uncover and bake about 10 to 15 minutes more.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Jailhouse Rock $3 & Up
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Cream of Mushroom Soup $2 & Up
Cream of Chicken Soup $2 & Up
White Rice $2 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.