Easy Outback Steakhouse Copycat Alice Springs Chicken Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Alice Springs chicken is a popular chicken dish on Outback Steakhouse's menu. This easy copycat recipe for Alice Springs chicken is easy to make at home – just minus the bloomin' onion.
Prep Time: 30 minutes to overnight to marinate
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices cooked bacon, coarsely crumbled
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack and cheddar blend cheese
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the marinade ingredients. Remove and reserve 1/4 cup for serving.
- Put the chicken into a plastic zipper bag. Add the marinade and allow to sit in the fridge at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat in an ovenproof skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook until they soften and begin to brown, about 6 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the skillet. Cook the chicken until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Top each chicken breast with some mushrooms, the bacon and the cheese. Cover the skillet and bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with reserved marinade.
Note: You could also grill the chicken breast, then put them into a baking dish and top with remaining ingredients. Pop into the oven to melt the cheese.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ovenproof Skillets $10 & Up
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Honey $4 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.