Melt-in-Your-Mouth 2-Ingredient Cinnamon Cronuts Recipe by 30Seconds Food
What's a cronut? A cronut is a doughnut made with croissant dough that was invented by a New York pastry chef while he was working in France. The sweet treat became so popular people would line up to get one. You can make a simple version at home with this easy cronut recipe that starts with canned crescent roll dough. Easy and delicious, for breakfast, brunch or even dessert.
Canned crescent roll dough is rolled out with a rolling pin and cut into round doughnut shapes. The dough is fried in oil in a skillet until golden brown, then dipped into cinnamon sugar. The dough expands as it fries and puffs it. Does it look like a store-bought cronut? Hmm, a little, but it's the taste that matters. They are delicious! If you don't like cinnamon-sugar, dust them with powdered sugar or even cocoa powder.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crescent roll dough
- vegetable oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Pour about 3 to 4 inches of oil into a large pot or deep fryer. Heat to about 350 degrees F.
- Put cinnamon-sugar into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Open one can of dough and put it on a work surface. Use your fingers to carefully pinch the seams to make one piece. Fold the dough in half. Using a rolling pin, roll it out until you can cut three doughnut shapes out of the dough with a donut cutter, biscuit cutter or sharp knife. Cut a hole in the center. Save the scraps. Repeat with the second can. Roll all the scraps together and make one or two more cronuts.
- Fry the cronuts in the hot oil about 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove to paper towels, then dip into the cinnamon-sugar to completely cover the cronuts.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.