Cabbage Rolls Recipe With Ground Chicken: A Low-Carb Cabbage Roll With Asian Flavors by 30Seconds Food
"These are everything! Ultra flavorful, super fun to eat, impressive and way easier than they look!" says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. "I love everything about Asian-Inspired foods, and wanted to give cabbage rolls a try at home. Please don’t be intimated. They come together pretty quickly, and quite beautiful. Cabbage rolls are fabulous for those watching their carbohydrates and looking for a satisfying, tasty, protein-packed meal idea."
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 large head green cabbage
- 2 pounds ground turkey or ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons freshly peeled and minced ginger
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1 small onion, finely grated
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon each)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, tamari, Bragg liquid aminos or low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes or 1 red chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 bunch green onions or fresh cilantro leaves, chopped and divided
- sesame seeds
Here's how to make it:
- To prep the cabbage, fill half of a large stockpot with water and bring to a boil. Using a knife, carefully remove the root end of the cabbage as shown in the photos.
- Very carefully place the cabbage into the boiling water and allow it to quickly par boil for just 3-4 minutes. Carefully drain the water completely and allow the cabbage to cool until ready to handle. Gently remove the leaves out from the cabbage head.
- To make the filling, in a large bowl, combine ground meat, ginger, garlic, grated onion, coconut aminos, honey, chili flakes and half the green onion or cilantro. Season with a pinch of sea salt and pepper and stir thoroughly until well combined.
- To assemble the rolls, lay a cabbage leaf on top of a clean board then add 1 tablespoon of meat mixture at the root end. Start rolling it from that very end, folding in the sides as shown to create your cabbage roll.
- Place the cabbage roll in a steamer basket. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In the same stockpot as earlier bring water to a boil, and set your steamer basket with the rolls inside. Steam until the meat is cooked through, about 15-18 minutes.
- Serve with remaining green onions or fresh cilantro, sesame seeds and dip into coconut aminos.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Steamer Baskets $10 & Up
Coconut Aminios $4 & Up
Tamari $3 & Up
Bragg Amino Acids $5 & Up
Low Sodium Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Raw Honey $6 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Sesame Seeds $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.