Easy Almond Croissants Recipe: This Almond Croissant Recipe Is Filled With Almond Cream (Delish!) by 30Seconds Food
Think it's hard to make croissants at home? It's really not! This easy almond croissant recipe starts with puff pastry sheets, so it's very doable (and very crave-able). Simply delicious!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 box refrigerated or frozen puff pastry, thawed
Here's how to make them:
- To make the almond cream, beat together the butter and sugar. Add the egg, vanilla and almond extract. Beat well. Add the flour and beat until smooth. Set aside.
- Put one sheet of puff pastry on a work surface. Cut the dough into three rectangles, and then cut those into triangles.
- Put some of the almond cream on each triangle and spread to cover. Save the remaining almond cream for the top.
- Roll the triangles up starting at the widest end. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat with another sheet of puff pastry in the same way.
- Combine the egg and water to make an egg wash. Brush the croissants with the egg wash.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and brush them with the remaining almond cream, then sprinkle with the sliced almonds. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Pastry Brushes $6 & Up
Almond Flour $4 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Almond Extract $3 & Up
Sliced Almonds $4 & Up
Powdered Sugar $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.