Porcini & Parmesan Risotto Recipe: This Mushroom Risotto Recipe Is a Double Delight for Mushroom Lovers by 30Seconds Food
Creamy and indulgent, this easy porcini risotto recipe can be a main dish or a side dish and features dried porcini mushrooms and fresh mushrooms. Try different mushrooms until you find your favorite.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1 package (8 ounces) fresh mushrooms (button, shiitake, oyster, cremini or a combination), cut into pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Here's how to make it:
- In a sauté pan, combine the chicken broth, water and porcini mushrooms. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove the mushrooms with a slotted spoon, chop and set aside. Keep the broth warm.
- In another pan, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add the mushrooms, porcini mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cook until onion and mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the white wine and cook until it has absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Start adding the hot broth 1 cup at a time and cooking until it has absorbed. Continue with the remaining broth until rice is tender, about 20-25 minutes. (You may not need all the broth.)
- Turn the heat off and add the Parmesan and 2 tablespoons of butter. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with more freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Risotto Cookbooks $5 & Up
Sauté Pans $12 & Up
Dried Porcini Mushrooms $5 & Up
Arborio Rice $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.