Easy Risotto Recipes: The Creaminess Factor Is Ridiculous in This Asparagus & Corn Risotto Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 6 - 8 asparagus stalks, cut into 2-inch pieces and stemmed until tender
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- grated cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put this chicken broth into a soup pot and bring to just a simmer. Reduce heat and keep it warm on low heat.
- In a Dutch oven, heat 3 tablespoons of the butter. Cook the onion until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, about 4 minutes, to toast.
- Pour in the wine. Cook until wine has evaporated.
- Start adding the chicken broth 1 cup at a time. Stir continuously until the broth has been absorbed into the rice. Repeat with the remaining broth until rice is tender. (You may not need all of the broth.)
- Remove the rice from the heat. Add the asparagus, remaining butter, cream, corn and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Top with a sprinkling of cheddar cheese, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pot $10 & Up
Dutch Ovens $10 & Up
Risotto Cookbooks $5 & Up
Arborio Rice $4 & Up
Chicken Stock $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.