Petti di Pollo al Burro (Butter-Braised Chicken Breasts): This Florentine Butter Chicken Recipe Is Simple Italian by 30Seconds Food
Petti di pollo al burro, or butter-braised chicken, is an Italian dish where chicken breasts are cooked in ... a lot of butter. Nothing wrong with that. Serve this Florentine butter chicken recipe with pasta to soak up the buttery lemon sauce.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to about 3/4-inch thickness
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 stick butter, cut into pieces (divided)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Here's how to make it:
- Put the egg in a bowl. Put the flour in another bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dip the chicken breasts into the egg and then into the flour.
- Melt half the butter and the olive oil in a skillet and cook for about 4 minutes, or until it begins to brown.
- Add the chicken and cook until golden brown on one side, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over and add the remaining butter. Cook, basting the chicken, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice. Swirl the pan to combine and serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.