Easy Risotto Recipes: This Delicious Risi e Bisi Recipe Is Simply Italian Rice With Peas & Ham by 30Seconds Food
Risi e bisi is an Italian rice dish similar to risotto. This easy risi e bisi recipe uses rice, peas and ham, so it's a creative way to use leftover ham after a big family meal. So savory, so easy and so delicious!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped leftover ham or diced prosciutto
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the broth and water in a saucepot. Bring to a simmer and keep warm.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the ham and cook about 2 minutes more.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Starting slowly adding the hot broth into the rice about 1 cup at a time and cook until it has absorbed.
- Add the peas and Parmesan cheese and cook about 2 minutes more. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sauce Pots $10 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
Arborio Rice $4 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.