DIY Hot Chocolate Bombs Recipe Using Leftover Easter Candy Will Make You Hoppy by 30Seconds Food
Homemade chocolate bombs are a fun way to use up that leftover Easter candy. With the right equipment, they're really easy to make.
You can use any candy you'd like. Think Easter sprinkles, crushed candy bars, crushed Robin's eggs or chop up that Easter bunny! How fun.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 65 minutes
- white chocolate chips or chocolate chips
- hot chocolate mix
- optional fillings: mini marshmallows, sprinkles, Easter sprinkles, crushed candy bars, toffee bits, Easter candy
- hot chocolate bomb mold or egg-shaped mold
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the white chocolate either in the microwave or in a double boiler.
- Put some sprinkles inside the molds, if desired. Spoon the melted chocolate into the molds. Cover the entire inside of the molds with chocolate. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to set.
- Carefully (very carefully!) remove the chocolate from the molds.
- Pour hot chocolate mix into half of the chocolate molds. Fill them about three-fourths full. Add desired fillings.
- Heat a plate in the microwave. Put the rim of one half of an empty chocolate mold on the plate to melt the edge. This happens very quickly. Remove and attach to a filled half to complete the chocolate bomb. Refrigerate again to set.
- If desired, decorate the outside of the chocolate bombs.
- To serve, drop the hot chocolate bomb into a mug of hot milk. Watch the magic!
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Chocolate Bomb Molds $6 & Up
Egg-Shaped Molds $6 & Up
Easter Sprinkles $4 & Up
White Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Easter Candy $4 & Up
Hot Chocolate Mix $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.