Amazing Sri Lankan Deviled Chicken Recipe Is a 20-Minute Wonder by 30Seconds Food
Did you know that America isn't the only place that has a deviled chicken recipe? This easy Sri Lankan devilled chicken recipe (yes, there's two Ls) is full of spices, juicy chicken and fresh vegetables. This stir-fried chicken cooks in one pan and is on the table in about 20 minutes.
This quick chicken dinner is seasoned with garlic, ginger, peppers, curry powder, turmeric, fresh lime juice, tomato sauce, oyster sauce and soy sauce. The Asian-inspired ingredients create a meal that's full of flavor and explodes on the tongue. Nothing shy about this chicken recipe.
Serve this easy Sri Lankan chicken with rice or noodles. Give this easy chicken stir-fry recipe a try and be sure to read world traveler Sherri Doyle's adventures in Sri Lanka.
Cuisine: Sri Lankan
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast or boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup broccolini, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 sweet or hot chile pepper, chopped (banana pepper, Thai green chile, jalapeno, serrano, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the chicken, broccolini and onion. Cook until vegetables are soft and chicken is almost cooked through. Add the garlic and ginger and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato, chile pepper, curry powder, turmeric and lime juice. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the tomato sauce, oyster sauce and soy sauce. Cook about 2 minutes more.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Sri Lanka Travel Guides $10 & Up
Large Skillet $10 & Up
Curry Powder $3 & Up
Turmeric $3 & Up
Tomato Sauce $1 & Up
Low Sodium Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Oyster Sauce $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.