Amazing Sri Lankan Deviled Chicken Recipe: 20-Minute Deviled Chicken Recipe, Sri Lankan Style by 30Seconds Food
Did you know that America isn't the only place that has a deviled chicken recipe? This easy Sri Lankan devilled chicken recipe (yes, there's two Ls) is full or spices, juicy chicken and fresh vegetables. Give it a try and be sure to read world traveler Sherri Doyle's adventures in Sri Lanka.
Cuisine: Sri Lankan
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast or boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup broccolini, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 sweet or hot chile pepper, chopped (banana pepper, Thai green chile, jalapeno, serrano, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the chicken, broccolini and onion. Cook until vegetables are soft and chicken is almost cooked through. Add the garlic and ginger and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato, chile pepper, curry powder, turmeric and lime juice. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the tomato sauce, oyster sauce and soy sauce. Cook about 2 minutes more. Serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sri Lanka Travel Guides $10 & Up
Large Skillet $10 & Up
Curry Powder $3 & Up
Turmeric $3 & Up
Tomato Sauce $1 & Up
Low Sodium Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Oyster Sauce $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.