Creamy Asparagus Rice Recipe: Garlic & Asparagus Rice Recipe Is a Succulent Side Dish by 30Seconds Food
Asparagus is an in-demand vegetable, especially when it's at its peak during the spring and summer months. Asparagus grows in the typical green color, and also in white (popular in Germany) and even purple. Its popularity can be attributed to its unique taste and texture, which is why you'll find it used in dishes around the world including pasta, stir-fries and even casseroles.
A bonus is that asparagus is low in calories yet filled with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. That's just one of many reasons to make this easy and delicious creamy garlic and asparagus rice recipe that's a succulent side dish – or even a complete vegetarian dinner.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, until it begins to brown lightly, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Pour about 3 cups of the broth into the skillet. Stir to combine. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the asparagus. Cover and continue to cook until the liquid has absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- When rice is tender, add the whipping cream, cheese and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Long Grain White Rice $2 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.