Easy Baked Cheese & Asparagus Bundles Recipe Is Appetizer or Side Dish Material by 30Seconds Food
Anything wrapped in puff pastry is good, right? These baked asparagus appetizers are no exception! With just a few simple ingredients – asparagus, olive oil and cheese – you can serve something that looks like you spent all day making.
This easy puff pastry-wrapped asparagus recipe can be served as a side dish, or cut them in half to serve them as appetizers. So easy and so delicious!
While many think of asparagus only in the spring, the vegetable is available year-round and can be served throughout the fall and holiday season. These oven-baked appetizers are delicious hot out of the oven or at room temperature, which makes them perfect for Christmas parties and New Year's Eve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese (Swiss, fontina or mozzarella would work as well)
- 1 egg, beaten, for an egg wash
Here's how to make it:
- On a floured work surface, roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle about double its original size. Cut into six squares.
- Put the asparagus into a bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Put about 3 or 4 asparagus spears onto the puff pastry shells and roll up from the corners. Press to seal. Place them on a baking sheet that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brush the pastry with the beaten egg. Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven until puffed and golden brown, about 12 to15 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Asparagus Cookbooks $5 & Up
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Nonstick Cooking Spray $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.