Easy Baked Cheese & Asparagus Bundles Recipe Is Appetizer or Side Dish Material by 30Seconds Food
Anything wrapped in puff pastry is good, right? These baked asparagus appetizers are no exception! With just a few simple ingredients – asparagus, olive oil and cheese – you can serve something that looks like you spent all day making.
While many think of asparagus only in the spring, the vegetable is available year-round and can be served throughout the fall and holiday season. These oven-baked appetizers are delicious hot out of the oven or at room temperature, which makes them perfect for Christmas parties and New Year's Eve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese (Swiss, fontina or mozzarella would work as well)
- 1 egg, beaten, for an egg wash
Here's how to make it:
- On a floured work surface, roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle about double its original size. Cut into six squares.
- Put the asparagus into a bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Put about 3 or 4 asparagus spears onto the puff pastry shells and roll up from the corners. Press to seal. Place them on a baking sheet that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brush the pastry with the beaten egg. Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven until puffed and golden brown, about 12 to15 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.