Hall of Fame Deviled Chicken Breast Recipe: A Winner 20-Minute Chicken Dinner by Donna John
Chicken breasts coated in tangy Dijon mustard and then fried until crisp are a family favorite at my house. One bite of this easy deviled chicken recipe and it'll be a family favorite at your house, too.
Boneless chicken breasts are pounded out until they are an equal thickness, then coated in breadcrumbs, cheese, Dijon mustard and a pinch of cayenne for a little spice. After a quick pan-fry in a little olive oil, they're crisp, golden brown and ready to be eaten for dinner.
Here is your shopping list for this hall-of-fame crispy deviled chicken recipe: boneless chicken breasts, dry breadcrumbs, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, Dijon mustard, ground cayenne pepper and olive oil. This easy chicken recipe is on the table in about 20 minutes.
Serve the crispy chicken breasts with your favorite side dish, a salad or vegetable. You could even make chicken sandwiches with the chicken on a fresh sandwich roll with your favorite toppings. Shred any leftovers to use in other recipes like chicken salad.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to about 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- ground cayenne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for frying
- A whole-grain, Creole or brown mustard could be substituted for the Dijon mustard.
- Don't have dry breadcrumbs? Use panko.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the breadcrumbs, cheese and a shake of cayenne pepper in a bowl. Put the Dijon mustard in another bowl.
- Dip the chicken into the mustard and then dredge in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Cook the chicken until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.