Skillet Caprese Chicken Recipe: This Easy Caprese Chicken Recipe Is Ready in About 30 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Caprese simply means a dish with mozzarella, tomatoes and basil. This easy caprese chicken recipe has all those flavors piled on a crispy chicken breast. Delicious.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 teaspoons herbs de provence
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices mozzarella
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the herbs de provence, garlic powder and paprika. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and then sprinkle the seasoning on the chicken breasts.
- Combine the egg and milk in one bowl and put the breadcrumbs in another. Heat the olive oil in a skillet.
- Dip the chicken into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs. Cook in the hot oil until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Top each piece of chicken with a tomato slice and some basil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with a slice of cheese. Sprinkle with a little more paprika, if desired. Cover the skillet and cook until cheese melts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Herbes de Provence $4 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Paprika $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.