Creamy Spinach & Chicken Enchiladas Recipe: This Easy White Enchiladas Recipe Is a Little Healthier Than Most by Donna John
This creamy spinach and chicken enchilada recipe was one of the first inducted into my recipe box in the '90s. I can't even count the number of times I've made this easy recipe for my kids.
With spinach and yogurt, this easy enchilada recipe puts a healthier spin on the enchilada. You could also use low-fat sour cream, low-fat milk and gluten-free flour. Serve these white enchiladas with a big bowl of green guacamole.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 5 ounces chopped frozen spinach (half of a 10-ounce box), thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 carton (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Here's how to make it:
1. Combine the chicken, spinach and green onions in a bowl.
2. Combine the sour cream, milk, green chiles, yogurt, flour and cumin in another bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture in half.
3. Add half of the sauce to the chicken mixture. Mix well.
4. Divide the filling between the flour tortillas and roll up. Place them seam side down in a baking dish.
5. Spread the other half of the sauce over the enchiladas to completely cover.
6. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, then top with the cheese and bake 5-10 minutes more.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.