Creamy Spinach & Chicken Enchiladas Recipe: This Easy Chicken & Spinach Enchiladas Recipe Is Healthy Comfort Food by Donna John
This creamy spinach and chicken enchilada recipe was one of the first inducted into my recipe box in the '90s. This easy enchilada recipe puts a healthier spin on the enchilada.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 5 ounces chopped frozen spinach (half of a 10-ounce box), thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 carton (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Here's how to make it:
1. Combine the chicken, spinach and green onions in a bowl.
2. Combine the sour cream, milk, green chiles, yogurt, flour and cumin in another bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture in half.
3. Add half of the sauce to the chicken mixture. Mix well.
4. Divide the filling between the flour tortillas and roll up. Place them seam side down in a baking dish.
5. Spread the other half of the sauce over the enchiladas to completely cover.
6. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20-25 minutes, then top with the cheese and bake 5-10 minutes more.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.