20-Minute Spaghetti Pasta Recipe With Creamy Spinach Sauce Is Legit by 30Seconds Food
Take a break from pesto and try this healthy spaghetti with spinach sauce recipe that is packed with so much spinach Popeye would be impressed. (Shh! Don't tell the kids it's in there!) The easy spaghetti recipe is on the table in 20 minutes.
The spinach sauce is made by cooking garlic and spinach in olive oil until soft and wilted. The spinach is put into a blender with 1/2 a cup of grated Parmesan cheese and pasta water. Blend until it is pureed but still has some chunks of spinach. The sauce is poured back into the skillet and the remaining cheese is added along with heavy cream (the cream is optional). You can toss the cooked spaghetti in the sauce or ladle the sauce over the pasta. Serve with additional grated Parmesan, pine nuts and crushed red pepper flakes for a little heat.
If you want a creamier sauce, be sure to add the heavy cream at the end. Serve this easy spinach spaghetti recipe with garlic bread and a salad.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bags (10 ounces each) fresh spinach
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti noodles, cooked according to package directions (reserve 1 cup of the pasta water)
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
- crushed red pepper flakes or pine nuts, for serving (optional)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven. Add the garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
- Slowly start adding the spinach, cooking it down and adding more until all the spinach is in the pot. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until all the spinach has wilted.
- Put the spinach into a blender along with a 1/2 cup of cheese and a 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Pulse until blended, but still leaving some chunks of spinach, adding more pasta water if needed. Pour the sauce back into the pot.
- Add the remaining Parmesan cheese and pasta. Toss to combine. If adding the cream, pour it in now and heat through. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, pine nuts and crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.