20-Minute Creamy Spinach Soup Recipe: Forget the Healthy Reasons to Eat It (Concentrate on the Taste!) by 30Seconds Food
The many health benefits of spinach won't be the reason you make this easy creamy spinach soup recipe. You'll make it because of the taste! Plus it's ready to eat in about 20 minutes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 bags fresh spinach
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot. Add the shallot and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Whisk in the flour until smooth. Cook about 1 minute. Toss in the spinach and cook until it wilts, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream, broth and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, until it begins to thicken, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.