This Creamy Baked Pasta Casserole Recipe Has a Few Unexpected Twists by 30Seconds Food
This creamy baked pasta casserole recipe shakes things up by using salsa instead of tomato sauce and cream cheese to make it irresistible. How good does that sound?
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 4 cups pasta (penne, rotini or ziti work well), cooked according to package directions for al dente
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jar (12 ounces) salsa
- 1 box (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Here's how to make it:
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a sauté pan until meat is cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Add the salsa, beef stock and cream cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring, until cheese melts and is thoroughly incorporated into the meat.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir to combine. Pour into a greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Top with the cheeses.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 to 25 mores.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sauté Pan $10 & Up
13x9-Baking Dishes $9 & Up
Penne $1 & Up
Rotini $1 & Up
Ziti $1 & Up
Beef Broth $2 & Up
Salsa $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.