That Pourable Pizza Recipe: This Quirky Pizza Recipe Has a Pourable Crust by Donna John
A pourable pizza? This trending recipe that went viral intrigued me, but some of the directions just didn't make any sense. This is my adjusted version of the pourable pizza recipe, which may sound questionable, but is really good.
The pizza batter is a mixture of flour, dried Italian seasoning, a little salt, milk and eggs. After being baked in the oven in an ovenproof skillet, pizza toppings are added and the pizza is baked again until everything is hot and melted. So easy! This is a recipe you could make with the kids for a fun pizza night activity.
Use your favorite pizza toppings to make this easy pizza recipe your own. To make it taste even better, try this homemade pizza sauce recipe. Serve this easy pizza with a pourable crust for lunch or dinner with a fresh garden salad.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 pizza
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt
- 2/3 cup milk (I used 1 small can evaporated milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 - 1 cup pizza sauce
- cooked crumbled Italian sausage
- cooked, crumbled bacon
- Canadian bacon
- vegetables (mushrooms, peppers, sliced onions, olives, etc.)
Here's how to make it:
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 12-inch cast iron skillet. Combine the flour, Italian seasoning, salt, milk and eggs in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Pour the batter into the skillet.
- Twirl the skillet around until the batter covers the entire bottom. Tap the skillet on the counter a couple of times so the batter settles and is even.
- Bake the crust in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 20 minutes. It will bubble up.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the crust. Add desired pizza toppings. (I used pepperoni, Italian sausage and a little red onion.)
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and add more toppings, if desired.
- Put the pizza back into the oven and bake 5 to 10 minutes more.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cast Iron Skillets $12 & Up
Oven-proof Skillets $10 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Dried Italian Seasonings $3 & Up
Kosher Salt $2 & Up
Sea Salt $3 & Up
Evaporated Milk $1 & Up
Pizza Sauce $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.