This Easy Creole Shrimp & Chicken Recipe Is a Flavorful & Fast One-Pan Dinner by 30Seconds Food
What happens when chicken meets shrimp? Creole magic in one pan! Serve this easy chicken and shrimp Creole recipe over rice for a flavorful and fast meal – it cooks in about 20 minutes.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 pound chicken tenders or chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
Here's how to make it:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cook in the hot oil until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet. Add the bell pepper, onion and celery. Cook until soft, about 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce and shrimp. Cover and cook until shrimp are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Combine the cornstarch and water to make a slurry. Add it to the skillet and cook until it thickens, about 2 minutes. Serve over rice.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Stewed Tomatoes $2 & Up
Tomato Sauce $1 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Chili Powder $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Rice $2 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.