Chicken a La King Recipe: Ladle This Creamy Chicken a La King Recipe Over Anything by 30Seconds Food
Chicken a la king is traditionally chicken with mushrooms, peas and pimientos in a creamy sauce that's served over toast points. This rich, easy chicken a la king recipe uses leftover chicken and is ready in about 20 minutes. Serve it over toast points, noodles, rice or even biscuits.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup heavy creamy
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 jar (7 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 3 - 4 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook about 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, milk and garlic powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until sauce begins to thicken, about 3-4 minutes.
- While the sauce simmers, combine the egg yolks and cream in a bowl. Whisk well to combine. Temper the mixture by adding about a 1/2 cup of the simmering sauce into the eggs. Stir, then pour the egg mixture into the sauce and continue to cook about 2 more minutes.
- Add the peas, pimientos and chicken. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve over toast points, rice, egg noodles or biscuits.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Pimientos $2 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Egg Noodles $1 & Up
Rice $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.