This Alfredo Pasta With Spinach Recipe Is a Fun St. Patrick's Day Main Dish or Side Dish by Susan Evind
It’s not really a stretch to think that St. Patrick ate pasta. After all, the Ancient Romans invaded Ireland more than 2,000 years ago! Here is a quick, tasty and easy pasta recipe to enjoy for St. Patrick’s Day (or any day).
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 package (12 ounces) elbow macaroni noodles (regular or gluten-free elbow macaroni), cooked according to package directions and drained (do not rinse)
- 1 jar (14 ounces) Alfredo pasta sauce with roasted garlic (I use Whole Foods brand)
- 1 - 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 sprigs cilantro or flat Italian parsley, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- To the pot of cooked and drained pasta, add the spinach and three-fourths of the jar of alfredo sauce. Heat on low for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the green onions, if using.
- To serve, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, and top with fresh cilantro sprigs as "clover" for garnish.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
St. Patrick's Day Cookbooks $6 & Up
Pasta Bowls $8 & Up
Elbow Macaroni $1 & Up
Gluten-free Elbow Macaroni $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.