20-Minute Alfredo Pasta Recipe With Spinach Is a Vegetarian Main Dish or Side Dish by Susan Evind
It’s not really a stretch to think that St. Patrick ate pasta. After all, the Ancient Romans invaded Ireland more than 2,000 years ago! Here is a quick, tasty and easy alfredo pasta recipe with spinach to enjoy for St. Patrick’s Day – or any day.
The easy alfredo pasta recipe is made with elbow macaroni, jarred alfredo sauce, fresh spinach, green onions and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. The cooked pasta is mixed with the alfredo sauce and spinach and cooked for just five minutes. Stir in the green onions and you're done! Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. To add some St. Patrick's Day flair, top with cilantro or parsley to represent clovers.
Serve this easy pasta recipe as vegetarian main dish or side dish with chicken, pork or beef.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 package (12 ounces) elbow macaroni noodles (regular or gluten-free elbow macaroni), cooked according to package directions and drained (do not rinse)
- 1 jar (14 ounces) alfredo pasta sauce with roasted garlic (I use Whole Foods brand)
- 1 - 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 sprigs cilantro or flat Italian parsley, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- To the pot of cooked and drained pasta, add the spinach and three-fourths of the jar of alfredo sauce. Heat on low for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the green onions, if using.
- To serve, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, and top with fresh cilantro sprigs as "clover" for garnish.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
St. Patrick's Day Cookbooks $6 & Up
Pasta Bowls $8 & Up
Elbow Macaroni $1 & Up
Gluten-free Elbow Macaroni $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.