The Easiest One-Pot Corned Beef & Cabbage Recipe for St. Patrick's Day by 30Seconds Food
Corned beef and cabbage is a simple recipe to make. This is one of the easiest corned beef and cabbage recipes you'll find – and one of the tastiest. It is the perfect dinner for St. Patrick's Day.
The easy Irish corned beef and cabbage recipe has just a few simple, readily accessible ingredients: corned beef brisket, bay leaves, red or white potatoes, onion, celery and cabbage. The corned beef brisket and the seasoning packet it comes with are put into a large soup pot with enough water to cover, then gently simmers for about 2 1/2 hours. The potatoes, onions and celery are added and the brisket continues cook about 30 minutes. Toss in the cabbage and cook until the potatoes are tender. Remove the corned beef and shred it, then put it back into the pot with the vegetables. Your Irish dinner is done!
With easy prep and just a few ingredients, why not surprise your family with this easy recipe on St. Patrick's Day? The leftovers freeze and reheat well. Serve hot crusty bread with this corned beef and vegetables dinner.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 to 3 1/2 hours
Total Time: 3 1/2 to 3 hours and 45 minutes
- 1 corned beef brisket (3 to 4 pounds)
- 2 bay leaves
- spice packet from the corned beef package (optional)
- 2 pounds red or white potatoes, cut in half if large
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 head cabbage, cut into wedges
Here's how to make it:
- Place the corned beef, bay leaves and seasoning pack (if using) into a Dutch oven. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 2 1/2 hours.
- Add the potatoes, onions and celery. Continue to cook about 30 more minutes.
- Add the cabbage and continue to cook until potatoes are tender.
- Remove the corned beef, shred and return to the pot. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dutch Ovens $20 & Up
Ireland Travel Guides $6 & Up
Bay Leaves $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.