This Chicken Francese Recipe Is the Chicken Recipe to Make When Life Gives You Lemons by 30Seconds Food
Chicken Francese is an Italian-American dish that is said to have originated in New York. This easy chicken Francese recipe has a flavorful wine and butter sauce that's perfect over pasta. You could also add artichoke hearts.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Here's how to make it:
- Put the flour into a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Put the eggs and milk in another bowl and whisk together.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Dip the chicken into the flour and then into the egg. Cook in the hot oil until golden and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove to a paper towel and set aside.
- To make the sauce, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in the skillet. Add the lemons and cook about 3 minutes, or until they start turning brown. Remove and set aside.
- Heat the remaining butter in the skillet. Add the flour and cook 1 minute. Add the wine and cook, stirring, about 2-3 minutes. Add the broth and cook until sauce begins to thicken. Pour in the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Put the chicken and lemons back into the skillet. Add the parsley. Stir to coat the chicken. Serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.