Cherry Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe With Tangy Cilantro-Lime Slaw by Donna John
Put the pork in the slow cooker in the morning before heading out the door. When you get home, all you need to do is make the slaw (or make that ahead of time!) and put out sandwich rolls or hamburger buns. Let the family help themselves. Gotta love sandwich night.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time 4 to 8 hours
Total Time: 4 1/2 to 8 1/2 hours
- 1 boneless pork roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce (from the can of chipotles in adobo sauce)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 package (12 ounces) cole slaw mix
- sandwich rolls or hamburger buns
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Season the pork roast with salt and pepper. Add the pork to the skillet and brown on all sides. Put into a slow cooker.
- Combine the ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, garlic and cinnamon. Pour over the pork roast. Add the dried cherries. Cover and cook on low heat for about 8 hours or high heat for 4 hours.
- To make the cole slaw, combine all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- When pork is tender, shred it with two forks.
- To assemble sandwich, pile the pork onto a sandwich roll and top with the cilantro slaw.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Slow Cookers $25 & Up
Large Skillets $10 & Up
Dried Cherries $4 & Up
Ketchup $2 & Up
Dark Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Chipotles in Adobo Sauce $2 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Canola Oil $3 & Up
Apple Cider Vinegar $2 & Up
White Wine Vinegar $3 & Up
Cinnamon $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.