Crispy Egg Roll Recipe Takes Less Time to Make Than Waiting for Takeout by 30Seconds Food
Why order egg rolls when you can make them at home? This easy crispy egg roll recipe is short on prep time and low on cook time. This could be the best pork egg roll recipe – and easiest egg roll recipe – you'll ever find.
The homemade egg rolls are made with ground pork, fresh ginger, garlic powder, shredded green cabbages, shredded carrots and egg roll wrappers. The ground pork is cooked with the ginger and garlic, then the cabbage and carrots are added in. Season and let the mixture cool. Lay your egg roll wrappers out and top with some of the filling. Roll them up (like an egg roll!), seal and pan fry in oil until crispy and golden brown.
Serve this crispy ground pork egg rolls with sweet and sour sauce, duck sauce or plum sauce. Make extras and freeze for later.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- egg roll wrappers
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the pork, ginger and garlic in a skillet until cooked through. Add the cabbage and carrots and stir to combine. Season with black pepper and salt, to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Lay the egg roll wrappers on a worksurface. Fill each wrapper with about 1/4 cup of the pork mixture. Roll the egg roll up and seal the edges with a little water.
- Heat about 4 inches of vegetable oil in a pot to 375 degrees F. Fry the egg rolls until golden brown on all sides. Drain on paper towels. Serve with desired dipping sauces.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Egg Roll Wrappers $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Ground Ginger $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $3 & Up
Egg Roll Dipping Sauces $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
These turned out to be the best egg rolls I have ever had.