One-Pan Cajun Penne Pasta Recipe: This Easy Pasta With Chicken Sausage Recipe Is Ready in About 20 Minutes by Donna John
With just a hint of spice, this easy Cajun penne pasta recipe is a pleasant surprise from your typical pasta dish. Any type of pasta could be substituted.
- 1 pound bulk chicken sausage or links with casings removed
- 12 ounces penne pasta, cooked according to package directions in salted water (reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 - 2 teaspoons blackening spice or southwest spice
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon chicken or chicken stock concentrate
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the sausage in a large skillet until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and blackening seasoning and cook another 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato, chicken stock and reserved pasta water. Cook about 3 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, butter and Monterey Jack cheese. Still until fully incorporated. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Penne Pasta $1 & Up
Chicken Stock Concentrate $5 & Up
Better Than Bouillon Chicken $4 & Up
Southwest Spice Blends $3 & Up
Blackening Spice Blends $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.