20-Minute One-Pan Cajun Penne Pasta Recipe With Chicken Sausage by Donna John
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound bulk chicken sausage or links with casings removed
- 12 ounces penne pasta, cooked according to package directions in salted water (reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 - 2 teaspoons blackening spice or southwest spice
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon chicken or chicken stock concentrate
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the sausage in a large skillet until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and blackening seasoning and cook another 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato, chicken stock and reserved pasta water. Cook about 3 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, butter and Monterey Jack cheese. Still until fully incorporated. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Penne Pasta $1 & Up
Chicken Stock Concentrate $5 & Up
Better Than Bouillon Chicken $4 & Up
Southwest Spice Blends $3 & Up
Blackening Spice Blends $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.