Easy Fish Sandwich Recipe: Skip the Drive-Thru & Make This Crispy Fish Sandwich Recipe at Home by 30Seconds Food
Think you can only get a fish sandwich by going to a drive-thru? Nope! This crispy fish sandwich recipe is easy to make right in your own kitchen.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 whitefish fillets (cod, tilapia and halibut work well), cut in half (about 6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup crushed buttery crackers
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- vegetable oil, for frying
- sandwich buns
- cheese slices
- tartar sauce (try this homemade tartar sauce recipe)
Here's how to make it:
- Pour the buttermilk in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. In another shallow bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, panko and Old Bay seasoning.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a large skillet to about 350 degrees F. Season the fish with salt and pepper, and then dip the fish into the buttermilk and then into the cracker mixture.
- Place in the hot oil and fry until golden and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the fish. Drain the fish on paper towels.
- To assemble the sandwich, spread the sandwich buns with tartar sauce. Add lettuce, the fish and then top with a slice of cheese and more tartar sauce, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Cooking Thermometers $6 & Up
Buttery Crackers $3 & Up
Panko $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Old Bay Seasoning $4 & Up
Tartar Sauce $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.