Crispy Baked Chicken & Rice Recipe: Grandma's Recipe Without the Canned Soup by 30Seconds Food
Long-grain rice, celery, carrot, onion, butter, chicken broth and garlic are combined in a baking dish. Chicken thighs that have been seasoned with dried oregano, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and dried thyme are nestled into the ingredients, then baked until crispy and juicy.
You could get creative with this child recipe and use other vegetables like broccoli florets, chopped cauliflower, green beans or green peas. Get creative and use what makes your family happy. Serve this easy baked chicken recipe with a vegetable and salad for a complete family dinner everyone will enjoy. (And save the canned soup for another recipe!)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, heated
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
Here's how to make it:
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil and spices. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, to taste, and then coat with the spice mixture. Set aside.
- In a 13x9-inch baking pan, add the onion, garlic, oil, hot broth, hot water, carrot, celery and butter. Stir to combine.
- Add the rice and stir well. Top the rice with the chicken thighs.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.