Easy Peruvian Chicken Recipe With Aji Verde Sauce Will Not Disappoint by 30Seconds Food
This easy grilled Peruvian chicken recipe is jam packed with flavor. Add the creamy aji verde sauce and you are on flavor overload.
You could use bone-in chicken, just be sure to increase the cooking time. This grilled chicken recipe is delicious served with yellow rice or cilantro rice. The leftovers make a delicious chicken salad.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 1 hour to marinate
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 25 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Aji Verde Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 jalapeno (remove seeds and stems for a less spicy sauce)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, thick stems removed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Here's how to make it:
- To make the marinade, add all the ingredients to a plastic food zipper bag. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the chicken and allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- To make the sauce, put all the ingredients into a blender. Pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill to medium-high. Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with the aji verde sauce.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Outdoor Grills $30 & Up
Indoor Grills $25 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Honey $4 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Ground Coriander $4 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Yellow Rice $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.