Succulent Southern Smothered Pork Chops Recipe: A Winner 20-Minute Dinner by 30Seconds Food
Down south, smothered pork chops are a staple. Pork chops are cooked down in a creamy, rich gravy and topped with fresh herbs (optional, but recommended). This easy one-pan smothered pork chops recipe is ready in about 20 minutes.
Mushrooms would not be frowned upon in the gravy. Simply cook them after you remove the pork chops. Serve these succulent, juicy pork chops with mashed potatoes or rice so you can enjoy every drop of the rich sauce. Throw in a fresh vegetable and you've created a winner dinner. Get ready for recipe requests and a dinner that's on repeat.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth or beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- fresh herbs, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, then cook about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until browned. Remove to a plate.
- Add the butter and flour to the skillet. Whisk for about 1 minute. Gradually pour in the broth and cream, whisking constantly until smooth. Add the Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer the sauce until it begins to thicken.
- Put the pork chops back into the skillet. Cook until pork chops are cooked through.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Beef Broth $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.