Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe: The Perfect 30-Minute Chicken Enchilada Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Chicken enchiladas are a great way to use up leftover chicken. This easy chicken enchilada recipe has a creamy sauce and is on the table in about 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- chopped green onion and chopped cilantro, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the chicken, half of the cheese and cumin. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Divide the chicken mixture between the tortillas. Roll up and place seam side down in a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a saucepot. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk in the chicken broth until smooth. Add the sour cream and green chiles. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the enchiladas and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 25 minutes. Serve with more sour cream for the top and garnish with chopped green onions or fresh cilantro.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
Chopped Green Chiles $2 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Flour Tortillas $2 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.