Easiest Bánh Mì Sandwich Recipe: Make This Classic Vietnamese Sandwich Recipe at Home by 30Seconds Food
The quick pickled vegetables and fresh vegetables are key to a bánh mì. The bread, too! If you have as Asian market near your house, see if they see fresh-made bánh mì rolls.
Prep Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes to marinate
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 25 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound), cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped lemongrass
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup shredded daikon radish
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- sandwich rolls
- chopped fresh cilantro
- sliced cucumbers
- sliced red onion
- sliced fresh jalapeno
- white sesame seeds (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a plastic zipper bag. Add the pork. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- To make the pickled vegetables, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt and pepper, to taste. Add the daikon and carrots. Allow them to sit for about 15 minutes to pickle.
- When ready to eat, heat a frying pan or cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until browned and cooked through. Do this in batches so you don't overcrowd the pan.
- To assemble the sandwich, spread the rolls with mayonnaise. Add the cooked pork and pickled vegetables, then top with the fresh cilantro, cucumbers, red onion and jalapeno.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cast Iron Skillets $10 & Up
Frying Pans $8 & Up
Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Fish Sauce $3 & Up
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Sesame Oil $3 & Up
Rice Wine Vinegar $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
White Sesame Seeds $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.