Best Ways to Serve Waffles, Kid-Friendly Edition: 16 Fun & Creative Ways to Make Waffles for Kids by 30Seconds Food
Turn frozen waffles or this basic waffle batter recipe into kid-friendly waffles your children will gobble up. Even picky eaters will love these waffle creations. Here are 16 fun ways to serve waffles to kids. Be sure to check out the best ways to serve savory waffles and the best ways to serve sweet waffles.
3. Fruit-in-the-Hole Waffles: Those waffles holes are just begging for a blueberry. Let your kids fill the holes themselves and make a fun breakfast game out of it, like breakfast trivia.
5. Stacked Hazelnut Waffle Cookies: Cut hot square waffles into quarters and dip into cinnamon sugar. Spread hazelnut spread on the waffles and stack to form a cookie. Nut butter could be substituted for the hazelnut spread.
6. Cinnamon Toast Waffles: Sometimes simple is better, especially when it comes to kids. Add ground cinnamon to your favorite basic waffle batter, and then sprinkle with even more cinnamon and a bit of sugar after they're cooked. What kid doesn't love cinnamon toast?
8. Waffle Dippers: Cut waffles into bite-sized pieces and serve with yogurt topped with fruit for dipping. How fun is that?
9. Fried Apple Waffles: Top waffles with fried apples and a little whipped cream and cinnamon for a fun breakfast or easy dessert.
Sometimes it's not what you serve a child, but how you serve it. Here are some fun ways to transform your child's waffle into something special:
10. Waffle Flowers: Create colorful (and healthy) flowers by using a mini round waffle as the center of the flower and berries for the petals. A light dusting of powdered sugar and you've just elevated breakfast or snack time.
11. Ladybug Waffles: A plain or savory waffle, like zucchini waffles, becomes a fun landing spot for these healthy ladybugs created from a cherry tomatoes, black olives, chives and black sesame seeds.
12. Ice Cream Waffles: No ice cream here, but kids will love these fun ice cream cones made out of waffles, bananas, sprinkles and blueberries.
13. Strawberry Flower Power Waffles: Strawberries, kiwi and edible eyes turn a waffle into a fun – and friendly – flower. Flower power!
15. Waffle Chicks: Slices of cheese, any orange fruit or vegetable and black sesame seeds can turn ordinary waffles into adorable baby chicks. Don't forget the green onion tops for them to perch on.
16. Breakfast Funny Waffle Face: Last, but definitely not least, is Dieter Schmitz's funny face waffle made out of breakfast sausage, blueberries, bananas and whipped cream. How fun!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Waffle Makers $10 & Up
Mini Waffle Makers $10 & Up
Fruit Preserves $3 & Up
No-Sugar Fruit Preserves $4 & Up
Sweetened Condensed Milk $2 & Up
Ice Cream Sundae Kits $10 & Up
Cinnamon Sugar $3 & Up
Hazelnut Spread $4 & Up
Nut Butter $4 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $2 & Up
Fruit Syrup $5 & Up
Blueberry Fruit Syrup $4 & Up
Strawberry Fruit Syrup $4 & Up
Raspberry Fruit Syrup $4 & Up
Black Olives $3 & Up
Black Sesame Seeds $4 & Up
Sprinkles $4 & Up
Edible Eyes $4 & Up
Kid-sized Crackers $3 & Up
M&Ms $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.